Responsible for supporting the Chief Credit Officer in the management, direction and control of the loan activities of the Bank in the areas of underwriting, financial analysis, and portfolio management. Assist the Chief Credit Officer in meeting loan growth and loan quality goals. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directs the daily underwriting activities of the Bank, including supervision of the Associate Relationship Managers, with an emphasis on guiding the team to support the daily management of the portfolio, including delivery of high quality credit presentations for commercial lending approvals and effective coordination of pre-closing loan activities.
- Provides ongoing leadership to direct reports including training, staff development, performance reviews, and evaluation of department needs.
- Approves loans within the position’s granted authority in accordance with Bank’s risk and growth appetite. Provides guidance to lending staff in the analysis and structure of credit.
- Works with the Chief Credit Officer and Special Assets Group to identify potential problem credits and identify/implement strategies to minimize losses. Oversees the preparation of the quarterly Problem Loan Action Plans, ensuring completeness and accuracy of content.
- Develops, implements, and manages portfolio monitoring systems and activities to protect the quality of the loan portfolio. Interacts with lending personnel to determine appropriate actions and/or resolutions to ensure adherence to appropriate risk management practices and established portfolio metrics.
- Responsible for the oversight of a variety of administrative and reporting functions, including Board reports and supporting documentation, Loan Loss Reserve, Problem Loan Action Plans, various internal management/monitoring reports, CRE Stress Testing, and other tasks as assigned.
- With the Credit Department Manager, represents CRBT Credit Administration in holding company initiatives such as board report consistency, loan policy updates, and development/use of templates, procedures, technology, etc.
- Build relationships with lending personnel to facilitate effective working relationships between credit administration and production. Provide timely and effective responses to servicing needs.
- Participates in bank and community events.
- 5+ years of credit analysis, commercial or other relevant banking experience.
- Management experience.In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, loan structuring, and problem credit resolution.
- Ability to organize projects, priorities, and time management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy, specifically with Microsoft Office products.
Pre-employment drug testing is required.Location Description:
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust (CRBT) is committed to being the most customer-focused financial institution in Cedar Rapids. We are looking for outstanding people to help us continue our rapid growth and people who are passionate about building customer relationships! If you have a great work ethic, are dedicated to serving the client and want to join a fast-growing dynamic team, Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust may be the place for you!
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA