COMMUNITY PARTNERS INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE
JOB TITLE: Inpatient Licensed Practical Nurse
At Community Partners Integrated Healthcare; our core focus is providing improved health for our community through high quality behavioral health care services. Our team has served the mental health needs of the Tucson community for over 20 years, formerly as Community Partnership of Southern Arizona. We have also developed business, consulting and supportive services (such as housing programs) that benefit the people we serve as well as other nonprofits, organizations, government departments and health plans. With our growth, we are currently seeking a qualified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join our rural telemed team!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the inpatient LPN performs tasks in providing comprehensive, intensive, on- and off-site clinical services to Pima County behavioral health members assigned to the sub-acute extended care team. Provides appropriate medical services and medical support services, including information, teaches wellness classes, injections, lab coordination, pharmacy coordination, vitals, and coordination with both psychiatric and medical providers.
- Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing
- Current, active, and unrestricted license in the state of AZ as License Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Possess knowledge of mental health and addiction disorders
- Demonstrates nursing skills with emphasis on pharmacology and medical treatment of persons with mental illness and / or addiction disorders
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to educate clients on health-related topics and medications
- Maintains certification in CPR and First Aid as required for nurses
- Conducts daily duties within the scope of practice defined by the Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Ability to read and interpret physicians’ orders and notes from other providers
- The preferred candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license, insurance coverage, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record
- Must have or can obtain a fingerprint clearance certification
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening
CPIH is an equal opportunity employer. CPIH does not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, creed, tribal affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, socio-economic status, claims experience, medical history, physical or intellectual disability, ability to pay, source of payment, mental illness, and/or cultural and linguistic needs, as well as any other class protected by law.
About this company
There are a number of benefits of a career with Community Partners. If you believe in giving back to your community and helping others, or have the desire to work in a field that supports people through positive life transformations, Community Partners may be the employer for you! We have a great benefits package, career advancement opportunities, tuition reimbursement programs, and professionals who truly care about their community.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ