The Thought & Expression Company is seeking an Office Manager
The Thought & Expression Company is a media company that operates several popular websites, including Thought Catalog and Quote Catalog. We’re looking for a motivated and organized individual to manage our HQ office and help ensure high levels of organizational effectiveness, operating efficiency, and communication within the office.
Applicant should have strong organizational and communication skills, and be willing to take on any task to maintain smooth day-to-day operations. Persons applying must be able to work proactively and independently, while also setting the tone for a strong office work ethic.
This job is located at our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. You will work with a dynamic, lean team in a flexible environment.
Serve as the primary point person for office manager duties including:
- Office/storage organization and appearance.
- Front door reception and general visitor support.
- Office maintenance and arranging necessary repairs.
- Incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ordering supplies.
- Running errands.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Establishing and promoting best office practices and guidelines.
- General clerical support.
- Organizing periodic team or corporate events.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Proven office management experience, and clear understanding of office manager responsibilities.
- Experience with a variety of office software (email, spreadsheets, databases).
- Experience with office equipment (computers, printers).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to work independently, multi-task and problem solve.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and initiative to proactively suggest ideas.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits. Compensation will depend on experience.