Farmingdale State College - College Physician
Farmingdale State College, a campus of the State University of New York, is a college of applied science and technology with an enrollment of more than 9,000 students. As the largest of SUNY's colleges of technology, Farmingdale equips students with the resources and critical thinking skills sought by today's emerging industries through its Schools of Business, Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, and Liberal Arts & Sciences. Farmingdale offers 38 undergraduate degree programs and will offer its first Master's program in the Fall 2017. The college is a pioneer in environmental sustainability and alternative energy, and boasts a highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program.
According to the 2016 U.S. News & World Report, Farmingdale State College is ranked #9 among public colleges in the north and #28 among all colleges in the region. Farmingdale has been ranked as one of the top colleges in return on investment and as one of the safest colleges in the nation according to multiple rankings. The campus is located on 380 lush acres in the heart of Long Island, approximately 45 minutes by rail or automobile from New York City.
The College Physician provides acute and on-going medical care to ill and injured students at Farmingdale State College. The successful candidate will work as part of a team at the Health and Wellness Center in providing this care. The College Physician reports to the Director of the Health and Wellness Center.
1. To provide acute and on-going medical care to the ill and injured:
- Assess the medical status of patients by taking an appropriate medical history and performing necessary and appropriate physical exams.
- Treat patients based on accepted standard of care medical practices and keep current on medical literature.
- Assist in referrals to and follow-up with appropriate medical specialists.
- Assist students and facilitate in obtaining and evaluating appropriate ancillary services including labs, X-rays, etc.
- Keep current on required medical licensure, DEA, memberships, and CME.
- Keep timely with scheduled appointments.
- Maintain timely and appropriate charting practices along with participation in peer review of clinical records.
2. To act as a medical resource to the other staff members of the Health and Wellness Center:
- Provide medical consultations on an as needed basis to other health care providers.
- Participate in educational efforts for other staff members on various medical topics as appropriate.
This position works with minors.
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from an accredited school.
- Approved residency in primary care related program.
- Current New York license and DEA registration.
- Experience with college heath related issues.
- One to three years related work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical, decision making and problem solving skills; ability to work independently.
- Solid computer skills with experience using an electronic health record.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
This is a part-time position.
- For the first 10 working days, beginning Tuesday, June 6, 2017 and ending Monday, June 19, 2017, applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: July 6, 2017
- Salary $110/hour, may commensurate with experience
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
Farmingdale State College seeks a broad and diverse pool of candidates for this position. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A letter of application and resume should be submitted online at:
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
Apply Here : http://www.Click2Apply.net/mnd8szx5mzyv8yhr