REGISTERED NURSE PART-TIME
Metropolitan St. Louis Psychiatric Center (MPC) is seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our Utilization Review Department.
This is a fantastic job opportunity for a part time Registered Nurse to work 20 hours per week Monday thru Friday performing Utilization Review and Infection Control duties at Metropolitan St. Louis Psychiatric Center. The job duties include providing support to the Utilization Review and Infection Control Departments by:
1. Completing admission and concurrent clinical reviews for medical necessity criteria for Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care Organizations.
2. Updating and maintaining the Utilization and Clinical Issues Rounds Report on a weekly basis to ensure that clinical information about medications, diagnosis, forensic evaluations, and other relevant clinical information is current and accurate for Grand Rounds.
3. Monitoring Census Reports for admissions, discharges, and gate passes.
4. Attending quarterly Utilization Review Department committee meetings.
5. Update and maintaining the Infection Control Reports for admission lab results specific to Infection Control, and weekly chart monitoring of current in house infections and treatments.
6. Participate in Infection Control activities such as Flu prevention education for staff and patients, Flu shot drives, Infection Control monitoring rounds, hand washing educations, and hand washing monitoring.
7. Attending weekly meetings with the Infection Control Consultant to present and discuss current in house infections. Attend quarterly Regional Infection Control committee meetings.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
There will be significant on the job training and education provided for this position. Please direct all inquiries to Human Resources.
Full-time employees receive competitive pay and excellent benefits, including 3 weeks paid vacation, a pension plan, deferred compensation program, and health, vision, life and dental plan options. Additional benefits include 12 paid holidays per year, and multiple opportunities for career progression.
MPC is a Joint Commission accredited 50-bed psychiatric hospital for adult inpatients in the Eastern Region of the Missouri Department of Mental Health. Serving a large area of the state, MPC treats men and women from a highly diverse catchment area that includes rural, urban and suburban populations. Qualified Candidates must be Licensed RNs in the State of Missouri.
Interested candidates may apply in person, via e-mail, fax, or US mail to:
Metropolitan St. Louis Psychiatric Center, Human Resources Department
Attention: Donyell Bryant, Personnel Analyst
5351 Delmar Boulevard · St. Louis, MO 63112
FAX: (314) 877-0639 · E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org